- Renters Guide
- For Owners
Urban Edge was created as a venue for owners, property managers, and leasing managers to market their no fee apartments directly to tenants. No expensive fees, and no bait and switch ads. We are a work-in-progress, with many enhancements and new features planned.
What Makes Us Different?
- First, we only allow owners of apartments, and their property and/or leasing managers, to list their no fee apartments. Since they own these apartments, or work directly for the owner, they won’t charge a fee when you inquire directly. You save money.
- Second, we update most of our rental listings 1-3 times a week, some daily! And we automatically delete any apartment listings not updated in the last 14-18 days. You save frustration.
- Third, each available apartment is listed only once, unlike on some other websites where you see the same apartment listed in different ads over and over… and over. You save time.
- Fourth, there's no need to create an account. Don't you hate when you go to a website, and you are forced to give your personal information to see listings? Not on Urban Edge. Creating an account is optional.
- Fifth, we have one of the largest databases of listings in the market, with thousands of no fee apartment listings in the NYC metropolitan area.
- Finally... it’s free. Really—no joke. Free for consumers to use, free for landlords to post their apartments. You will not be charged to view listings, unlike some other websites.
How Does Urban Edge Work?
It's actually quite simple.
- Search for no fee apartments that meet your criteria on Urban Edge.
- Email or call the owner or property manager directly with questions, or to set up an appointment to see the apartment.*
- Apply, and when approved, move in to your new home!
To help you in your search, Urban Edge also provides you with extensive rental guides, neighborhood information, apartment building directories, lists of owners and property managers, and more. If it has to do with renting an apartment in NYC, you'll find it here.
How Do We Get the No Fee Listings You See?
Our listings of available apartments come from the owners, property managers, and leasing managers themselves. Some choose to create an account with us and update their listings directly on Urban Edge. Others have set up automated feeds that we check nightly. Several others send us their listings via email or fax, and our staff updates Urban Edge with the latest information we have available.
Unlike other website, all accounts on Urban Edge must be vetted and approved before their listings are allowed to be published on the website. This is one way we ensure that the listings you see on our website are not from brokers masquerading as owners, or from scam artists.
We are working hard to expand our network of landlords--every week we reach out to more owners and managers. If there is an owner whose rental apartments you don't see on the site, tell us about them! We'll do our best to get them on board. Or if you are an owner or property manager who wants to include your listings on Urban Edge, please contact us.
Should I Ever Use a Broker to Find a No Fee Apartment?
Good question. A good broker can provide a valuable service if you have an extremely limited amount of time to find an apartment, or have unique and specific needs that are hard to meet. To learn more about when to, and when not to, use a broker, check out our page on the pros and cons of using a NY real estate broker.
However, brokers are expensive, and the majority of people searching for an apartment do not need to use one to find a great place to live.
12 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010
*Please, do not contact Urban Edge with questions about the apartments! We love to hear from people who use the website, but we do not act as brokers and show you the units. Thanks!